“It is very important to understand why those annoying people annoy you and then figure out where that fits into your world.”
― Auliq Ice
It is supposed to be just a list of five things. I actually didn’t realize I had so many of them when I started listing them down, that I considered if should just make it to twenty. But I’ll save you reading a longer post and just offer you…
For the poor souls who don’t know her – but I am not judging you I swear – it’s Eleven.
Can I tell you something? You know about a girl who reads? A girl who reads can be patient because she’s used to waiting for sequels. She’s also kind, cries easily, an intellectual, and most of all — broke or penniless. What can we say? We love a good investment. I can go on and on about this because I recently read an inspiring post somewhere in social media that I just had to share some of that here and also, I am one.
But enough about that, let’s talk about more pressing matters. So, a girl who reads has all those redeeming qualities above, but what annoys her the most?
Bookish Pet Peeves
- Longer than Rapunzel’s hair. How many series (or books in one series) do you plan to make, dear author? It’s all well and good when the story is still ongoing and worth following but if you’re milking the story for all its worth and not even a fresh story or plot, sometimes you just have to STOP. Same for a series with supposedly standalone books in their own way but set in the same bookverse – too-many-to-count books with the same plot formula and almost the same character types.
- Mismatched books in a series. This is why I love a book set. It’s beautiful, it matches and just satisfies you visually. Mismatched books are quite painful for me. Not to mention when halfway through the series they change the covers. That is so very mean!
- Another thing is the [bad, cheap, or maybe cheesy – you name it!] book cover. The story may be good but I won’t be caught reading that book out in public with such a poor taste in the cover. So help me, I won’t be judged.
- Dog ears all over the poor book.
And so, the bookmarks were made just for you:
But you could mark yours however you want, just not in my book.
- Dog ears are forgivable but torturing the spine is just horrible. For the love of god, don’t bend them all the way back! I worry that they hurt too. Shame on you when the pages started coming off because of that. Worse: they might come back to haunt you..
- Eating near my book or while reading. Stay away with your sticky and tempting food – even if that is chocolate.
- Call me selfish but you’re still not leaving with my book. I love you guys. I trust you with my sanity and more, but no borrowing my books. Learned that lesson the hard way. Never trust a book borrower. Thank god, I’m not a library …yet.
- Get your own book and we can read together in blissful silence but no peeking over my shoulder! That just feels weird and I feel like you’re invading my privacy.
- Movie magic is really movie madness. How many instances can you count when a book is made into a movie (or a series… oh lord) that you actually like it? Or find no major faults in it? I think I can count mine in one hand and that’s when I’m feeling generous.
- Movie covers on books is just not right. There’s the movie and here’s my book. Please don’t sully the good book with other things not bookish.
- “DO NOT DISTURB.”
Can’t you see I’m reading? Go away!
That Captain Jack Sparrow gif would totally work here but I think this is so much more fitting:
Did you count them? They’re just eleven tiny things.
That’s it for this Tuesday Party! What’s on your list? Feel free to share them in the comments below.
Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme by Shanah at the Bionic Book Worm. If you are interested in participating just head over to her site and welcome to Tuesday parties!
Happy reading everyone!