Every time I do a post similar to this, it seems that I am discovering something about myself (cat maniac, night owl, coffee lover, professional fangirl). Apparently this time, I’m the queen of procrastination!
I have been meaning to work on this post sooner but only got to it now. I have just finished my exams and have been worn out from too much coffee and little sleep. And can you believe they’re making us wait until 3 days before Christmas to release the grades?? They’re downright mean! How I will survive this waiting game is a mystery … until this post distracted me from my anxiety. Thank wordpress! And of course to the awesome people who nominated me – I am eternally grateful.
I truly felt loved and humbled by all these nominations and awards, you guys. A shoutout to Arthifis @ Arthifis’ Place – you should know that I debated putting J. Law on this award post but decided to steal another gif instead. This all around awesome person and friend of mine nominated me for the Unique Blogger Award and it boggles the mind how it came to be. But I’ll take it anyway – you can’t take it back now (crazy laugh) – and aim to make my blog uniquely mine.
Rules, Rules, Rules:
- The first rule is to share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
- Second, answer the questions
- Third, in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate
eight to 13people for the same award
- Fourth, ask them three questions
Why did you start blogging?
It was because of K-pop. 5 years ago. Another blog, another lifetime. I’m being dramatic (sniff), but let me mourn for that period of time when I was so caught up in my own little world that I never really connected with other bloggers around me. After a year, I deactivated it. But here I am again (yay!) and I only started being active again these past two months and will continue to be if possible. Here are my main (but not limited to) reasons for blogging these days:
- As a form of escape and also to unleash my inner Chuuni. Go read this post The Wonderful Life of a Chuunibyou by AstralGemini. ‘Cause if you’re reading this post or you are blogging – you’re probably a noble soul too!
- To interact with others with similar interests (books, anime, music and more). If you see someone smiling at their phone after a chime of notif, imagine Chizurue – that’s me – cause that’s probably how I look when I’m reading comments or posts. I love connecting with you guys and every like/comment/mention/follow just brings a smile to my face.
- To force me to go through my stuff. I also mentioned this on my About Me page — because I’m a hoarder. And honestly, my To Be Read and To Be Watched lists are screaming for my attention, so there’s that.
Do you write more in the inspiration of the moment or do you write them more rationally, like letting the posts rest in the draft board for that 20th review?
Same as with reading books and also watching anime, it seems that I have been doing a lot of things depending on my mood these days. Not to say that I am not an organized person, but it’s just what I need sometimes. If I try to force myself to write about something that I am not in the mood for, inspiration just won’t come to me. But I do have some posts that are in the drafts or others that are recurring every Tuesday or Thursday. Other than that, I’m winging it.
BUT! (need it in all caps & bold to remind myself), my goal in 2018 would be to organize my posts. Having a schedule would be an improvement and also to better manage my time. To properly balance my studies and of course continue with my adorable blog (Arty-sis’ words, people. Not mine).
If you could live in any year/era you wanted, which would you choose and why? (you can also choose the future)
Funny things is: my crazy dream is to be a time traveler…
(Probably you at this: EH? WHAT?? That was not the question Chizu, nobody wants to know). But duh, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else when I have the perfectly lovely and crazy community of bloggers right here, and my ever supportive family back home. But I do dream of traveling. I wouldn’t settle somewhere else, but I’d love to be time-hopping around and just be an enthusiastic wanderer. Maybe onto a future like in the book Warcross by Marie Lu (shameless plug, I know). It’s a modern and technologically advanced worldsetting similar to that of the anime Accel World where people are practically living in the virtual world.
Or even visit the past in London during the time of the infamous Boleyn sisters and even the Golden Age of Queen Elizabeth. This crazy idea is movie-inspired because of Cate Blanchett and Natalie Portman by the way. As that period was very much ruled by men (except for Queen Elizabeth obviously), I would drop by just to add some female spunk over there, but leave in a hurry because no to flowing skirts and all that fluff (the horror!).
Josie from It’s An Anime Thing tagged me because Apparently, I’m lovely too! A pleasant surprise when I read through the fun facts about her and got to the nominees and found my name. She has 4 cats by the way – that alone convinced me she’s awesome – and has a total of nine pets! A HERO. Go check out her blog because we all have that anime thing we love. Show this lovely person the love by checking her cat- I mean her posts out.
Rules, Rules, Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15)
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees
7 things about me…
“And compared to all the great things
That would take too long to write
I probably should mention
The 7 that I like…”
I considered posting all the lyrics because I actually listened to this again after how many years. Wow. I feel nostalgic. It’s 7 Things by Miley by the way. Those lyrics actually fit though. Hmm.. maybe it was the inspiration for this award? Or maybe not. I’m just rambling. Utilizing that freedom of speech and all the perks of posting my own thoughts.
So … SEVEN. I know another thing that has seven: BTS has seven members.. (facepalm) I’m sorting through my thoughts to find the 7 things I would share with you guys so bear with me.
7 as promised!
- English is my second language. But I would like to learn others too like Japanese and Korean. I would very much like to be able to say: “Who needs subtitles now?”
- I’m 5’1” last time I checked. I’m part of the ‘small but terrible‘ club according to friends. Sort of fits since my nickname means ‘fairy maiden‘ or so google said.
- I have an ongoing love affair with chocolate. No other flavor would do (like in ice cream – it has to be chocolate).
- I love to dance. I was part of a dance group and even competed within our university.
- I sing. But my friends wish I wouldn’t (evil laugh). I WAS part of a choir but I let that go because I loved to dance more.
- I love to eat but I cannot cook (only the simple ones that involve frying things and boiling). I will strive hard to learn cooking soon as to feed myself in the future, but as of now… nahh.
- My tears are easily taken from me. I was teased so much for being a crybaby that I started to withdraw. But what can I say – books, music, anime and films bring out the tears in me. Call me crybaby if you want, but I now believe that being moved to tears can be cleansing in a way because it is so much better than feeling numb.
Just think of it as sweating through your eyes if it makes you feel better.
The rule-breaker in me appears in this part of the post as I will be combining my tags. Because being unique is lovely, no? Feel free to accept both nominations, and attempt to follow the rules. Or maybe choose one and break the rules. It’s up to you!
So here are my questions (totally not unique by the way) for the Unique Blogger Award:
- What is the first thing you look for in a blog?
- Which anime world or book-verse would you like to be part of?
- Do you love chocolate too? (If yes, how much? If no, why not??)
- Venus @ JAPANime Talks
- Ioana @ Dragon Waffles
- Visual Joint
- Crimson is Blogging
- Sirius @ Sirius Writes
- Shoujo Thoughts: Otaku Ramblings
- Zel @ Archi-Anime
- Astral Gemini @ The Zodiac Room
Again, thank you for the nomination Arty-sis and Josie!